Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 A Great feeling...

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robert Bill on 02 August 2005
I'm in a similar situation- my Targa has done 36k miles. I am considering selling my 330 BMW and just using the 993 daily.
I wonder though if I did that whether some of the fun would go out of it, or whether one would gain a bigger appreciation.
Either way, at 25k miles per year it would probably be a bad plan cost wise, or would it... it might be cheaper to take the depreciation on the chin (only an issue at the point of sale), and save one set of running costs? Dunno...
Drive it, its what its there for, so what you put miles on it, are looking at is as an investment? If not drive it enjoy it, keep it (you know its history) or sell it at a lower price when you are ready to move on. We are only on this earth once.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32092

I drive my car everyday! :lol:

I've tried having weekend cars before. All you do is tax and insure them, whilst waiting for a 'nice weekend', that never comes..... :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32093

I've only had my 88 911 3.2 a week & I've been hooked...line & sinker! I should have invested years ago :wink:

I'm now considering getting another...... 993 as an every dayer. I do a fair bit of mileage (3000/month) and I'm bitten by the Porsche bug. What sort of fuel consumption are you 993 guys getting on a good run?

Mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32131

I run my 993 as a weekend car, but I always seem to be finding excuses to drive nowhere for a long time, fast, on the weekends! My daily run about for banging around Ken Livingstons finest speedbumps and potholes is a 1990 Hreg Fiat 1.0 Uno that cost me 4 petrol tanks of the 993. It's perfect for daily commuting around town, and I figure it's definitely cheaper running 993 + Uno rather than just the 993 [+ extra servicing + wear'n'tear + petrol + practicality]. Besides, I'm too obsessed about keeping the 993 in A1 condition that I have little peace driving/parking it in town...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32132

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Mark Humpage on 04 August 2005

I've only had my 88 911 3.2 a week & I've been hooked...line & sinker! I should have invested years ago :wink:

I'm now considering getting another...... 993 as an every dayer. I do a fair bit of mileage (3000/month) and I'm bitten by the Porsche bug. What sort of fuel consumption are you 993 guys getting on a good run?

Mark
I've seen 26-28 on my commute 2/3rds a road 1/3rd m-way. I reckon 30 mpg on a long cruise would be achievable but would hardly be in the spirit!

If you are looking for a daily driver Porsche, why not consider a 996? Much cheaper to service, a bit more civil, and probably more economical. And a perfect foil to the classic Carrera 3.2!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32134

Hmm....I've been through this one. To me the 993 still has the classic lines and looks in comparison to the modern lines of 996. I prefer the lighter air cooled roar too :)

Peter Morgan quoted the difference between the 993 & 996 as 'total'. Read that however it takes you. I prefer the step back differences as oppose to the modern, albeit at a cost no doubt.

Thanks for the fuel figs.

Busy few days ahead. Full staged polish on the 3.2 together with some rural roading. Then I'm doing a 911 photo shoot. My 88 3.2 and neighbours 84 3.2 together with his beauty 65 O series (boy this is beaut......one of only a very few RHD in mint condition & he's selling it!!!!....£30k though)

Mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32135

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannahMich
Back