Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Leather seat help

mark cater

Hi,

i picked up a parcel from parcelforce and put in passengers seat in my boxster.

I covered the seat but part of the cover moved and a corner of the parcel touched the seat. Sod's law states that of all the corners this corner will contain something to ruin my seats....and it did!

On this corner of the parcel it appears some type of non-setting glue has dropped on it. This is now on my seat. Its transparent but very very sticky. I tried washing up liquid and top grade import vodka ( didnt have any white spirits) but its still there.

I dont want to ruin my leather seats. Any ideas how to remove it ??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31916

This is an easy one. Firstly arm yourself with autoglym leather cleaner and especilly the leather cream. You may not need the leather cleaner but it is handy for keeping your leather nice and clean. The glue will come off easily using just plain old alcohol or any alcohol based solvent. easiest one is aftershave/perfume which ever you prefer even white spirit will do the job in small amounts. This on a soft cloth or even tissue should be able to wipe it off. After you get it off it is very important to apply the leather cream as it replaces all the natural oils and prevents the leather drying and cracking. The leather cleaner may also do the job removing the glue but from past experience of getting that glue off things plain old alcohol works well.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31995

Thanks for all responses - i used zymol leather cleaner and it worked a treat. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31997

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint_Sauce
Back