Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which Rear Tyres (996)

peter clifton

I've got to replace the rear tyres for my 996 Carrera 2 (285 / 30 / 18)

which are the best all-round choice (value for money / performance / lifespan), and where is the best place to get them from / fitted? (I'm SW London).

Michelin Pilot (279 each), Continental Sport (198 each), or Pirelli P-Zero's (221 each) ???

any help much appreciated

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30886

It's the impossible question really, but I'm on my second set of Michelins and can't fault them - well, they could last a bit longer I suppose :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30898

don't forget Porsche recommend that you don't mix brands

i.e michelins on the front pirellis on the rear

on C4 Tips they can bring up the fault light

Remember all tyres must be N Rated

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30934

just got super contact 2 done on mine £160 a corner not so bad

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30985

Mark,

good call. i've got michelin's on front so will not be mixing it up. michelin's a bit toppy but no doubt a good tyre, just ask Bernie.... :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31007

You might want to try Bracknell Tyre and Exhause on 01344 411323. They fitted P Zero Pirrelli's at £181 each, all in.

It can get a bit busy up there so be prepared to wait

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31118

I've just had 2 new Michelin Pilots fitted to the rear of my 996 C4S (same tyres as in front) and since then it is sliding a bit and PSM is coming in to correct slides on a regular basis. It definately isn't as secure as before. Is this because I have new tyres on the back and fairly worn ones (18,000 miles) in front?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31128

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back