Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just bought it... Haven't got a clue

imported_Mob

Ok... Quick background. I've owned possibly the worst collection of cars ever. MG metro, two 2CVs (one with a £3500 Alpine system), a Skoda Favorit Estate (possibly the best of the bunch), and a Volvo S40...

Time to get a car I actually want, so I looked at some 2 seater cars. Told a friend who works in the city I was looking to spend £25k on a second hand Boxster and his business partner told me I should get a 'proper porsche' (his words, not mine) and that for that money I could have his.

Now I've never even considered a 911 before, so i don't know if this is a good deal, but I've been told I did the right thing... What do you think?

It's a 993 Carrera Cabrio (Tiptronic), registered April 1997. Silver with 39K miles on the clock. FPSH - Yes. Even when it hasn't done the required miles, it's been serviced with no expense spared. 4 new Pirrelli P-Zero tyres (less than 200 miles ago). It's not LHD. I can't find fault with it. Basically he makes a good wage and couldn't be bothered to sell it privately. He loved this car, but needs to get a Cayenne for the baby seat.

2 problems listed in separate topics (aircon doesn't cool and wheels are unfamiliar).

Can this really the bargain it seems?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30149

25k is a very fair price for such a car, if it is as good as it sounds. Get it inspected though- £250 well spent.

Just don't tell him he can easily get a babyseat in the 911...

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30156

Sounds very common - I know plenty of guys who have loved and cherished their cars only to sell them for complete bargains ( my last 996 went for a bargain price : ) because its a pain trying to sell privately. As Robert said though best to get it inspected. But for the price - I would be very happy!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30162

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back