Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 993 at last

Ray

Picked her up yesterday

1996 C4 in black metalic with black and dark red leather interior, its
fu@@ing
brilliant a very quick way to 12 points me thinks :wink:

As you can expect I have a few questions.

I was a bit concerned on the journey back (90 miles with a smile on my face) about the oil level indicator which stayed in the red but went back to normal when I pulled into the services. I think this is usual isn't it? Does anyone know how accurate the speedo is?

Need a new battery for one of the remotes, I suppose its an OPC part?

On holiday next week so I will start the Zymol process.

I will post pics as soon as I can

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30092

Completely normal. As a rule, don't rely on the level guage too much. Check the oil once a week with the dipstick. An oil level 3/4 up the twisty bit is fine.

I think speedo accuracy depends a lot on wheel size (standard or non-standard)...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30095

Hi Ray

Patience is an obvious virtue and I do think that the shape looks great in the dark metallic colours. Lookin forward to seeing pics and welcome to the fray

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30098

Oil .. normal I concur with Jack !

Speedo.... may be up to 7-9% over reading.. do you have an OBC (on board computer) as those are normally only about 4% over reading...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30100

Yes OBC fitted, so I will check that against the speedo.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30103

Congratulations Ray, sounds lovely. Look forward to seeing some pics

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30104

Congrats Ray. SOunds like an interesting Colour Combo.

Watch out for those speed cameras..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30106

Try and get hold of a GPS camera detector eg Road Angel. That will give you an accurate speed to compare against the speedo readout.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30289

Ray - search these forums for the comprehensive answer to your oil questions because there are loads of recommendations etc.

As a short explanation, the oil level drops when revs rise as oil is pumped into the engine. When idling, the oil fills the dry sump and that is when you check the level.

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30294

Congrats Ray

Sounds like a fantastic colour combo and I look forward to your pics.

The oil pressure is the same on mine and agree with what the others say. Speedo is not accurate and my Road Angel gives lower readings but in traffuc i keep her low :wink:
. Had mine for a few months and she comes out to play at weekends weather permitting but i'm looking for more power now. Once the Suspension is sorted i'll look into this.As for the licence .. welll....no comment :oops:

Enjoy your new toy and keep us posted

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30295

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back