Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil seepage

jlb532

Considering purchasing a 91 Carerra 4...have spoken with the service center the seller has used, and they've indicated there is "minor seepage around the valve cover gaskets". Is this a serious problem, or is that expected on a 14 year old car with 108K miles? Would anyone recommend strongly against purchasing? Will the problem worsen?

Thanks in advance...any thoughts appreciated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29926

I'd say it's not 'right' but it's hardly the end of the world. If the service outfit thought it was a real issue they'd have renewed the gaskets.

But what is 'seepage'? If it's just some moistness, that's one thing, but something that causes a slow drip is something else - and needs to be fixed sooner rather than later.

This isn't an issue affecting the health of the engine, rather one that could affect the health of your wallet. Engines shouldn't leak oil; significant leaks need to be fixed.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29929

Thanks for the help, Maxy. I appreciate it! Sounds like I can go ahead with the purchase...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29943

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back