Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

finally upgraded from the boxster

Jose Ricardo

then...
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/bxr1.jpg

now...
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/911(1).jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/911back.jpg

A big leap in performance, but the carrera's suspension feels a bit floaty compared to the boxster that feels like it's on rails.

Need help on mods:
Should i convert to clear lights? Exhaust? (it's too quiet)
Body kit or stock? Your opinions would really help. thanks guys.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29590

personally - i if it were my car i would get clear lenses right away - they instantly make it look more modern.

Sports exhaust next

No body kit unless its the Genuine porsche Gt2/3 kit - the one with the u shaped rear spoiler.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29595

Thanks Warren! Which part in Swiss are you? I studied in Les Roches, Bluche Sierre. Lived in Crans Montana...loved it there

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29597

I live on Lake Zurich, but originaly from the UK.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29600

Good move! Nice car!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29604

I would say change the light lens too EXCEPT for the facr that with your car being red, they kinda look "right" on it....I know what you mean about the difference in handling between the Boxster and the 911....I went from a 964 to a 2.7 Boxster and now to a 996....Although I love my 996, being entirely objective I would have to say the Boxster has far superior handling characteristics (but this is down to its mid-engine layout of course)....

Have fun with your car in Switzerland!!!

Marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29641

I'd suggest looking at the suspension- if it feels floaty I dare say a new suspension system with a good set up would massively improve the feel of the car.

GT3 style alloy wheels would look fantastic.

Some clear lights all round will update the looks.

Then maybe a good exhaust.

I'd not put on a bodykit personally- not good value for money compared to the suspension.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29648

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back