Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Climate Control

Mark Page

I have a July 01 Boxster S and have recently developed a problem with the climate control where it has lost the ability to control the air temperature that comes out. Sometimes I'll have have the air con set at 19 C and its pumping out freezing cold air and another day on the same setting it will pump out hot air!

Does anyone have any suggetsions as to what could be wrong and how I go about fixing it ?

Mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29271

But what was the temperature in the car?

On a really hot day.... your CC will cool the air with the air conn pump... giving 'freezing air' to cool the in-car temp down to 19 degrees.

On a freezing cold morning the same setting will make the the system pump hot air to come up to 19 degrees.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29277

I see where you are coming from.... it seems to ignore the inside car temperature i.e. pumps out hot on warm days, cold on cold days. There also seems to be very little temperature variation in the range between the low and high temp settings, either very cold or very hot. Could this be a busted thermostat?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29281

Sounds like it. Or the temp sensor in the car is faulty and your system needs recharging as well perhaps.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29282

Cheers. Excuse the ignorance but when you say the system needs 'recharging' what exactly do you mean?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29306

Air conn systems are filled with a special refridgerant gas that is in a pressurised system. Over time that gas can leak out, or lose pressure, with a resultant loss of cooling efficiency. There seem to be plenty of companies around that service these systems, and hopefully it will be something simple like that.

Will

Touch wood, as my 993 system has always been brill!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29312

My 928 air-con needs regassing every 18-24 months. About 90-100 quid.

If at any time the air comes out freezing cold, as you say, then you dont need a regass.

My old 928 has the same range problem, either only works as cold or hot, not much in-between.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29317

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back