Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Re : Cats Gone on my C4 996

Joe Chambers2

Help Needed?

Had my beloved 996 C4 Tip for 3.5 weeks and today received some bad news. My wife noticed a noise coming from the car 2 weeks ago on start-up.

Just got back from the garage and they've told me one of the cats has gone - Ha!

Rang Porsche and they told me that will be:

Part cost aprox £500.00 plus VAT. Plus 3.5 hours of labour.

TOTAL £930.00 incl VAT

Now I got the car inspected 3 weeks ago and had it put under OPC warranty. Now I'm not going to attempt to try the warranty route as I'm sure this excludes the Cat. However, should they not have noticed this problem? Can't you tell when the Cat is about to go?????

Anyway, next question is - as neither of the cats have been replaced (1999 V) does the other cat need replacing as well?

Now my only saving grace is that I bought the car through a garage and so they should pick-up all costs. But should I insist its all done by Porsche since its under warranty or not.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29075

As long as you can get it done for free, I'm not sure that the route makes a difference. Given the cost of a Porsche warranty, I'd have thought that might cover the cat... Worth trying.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29077

you will probably find that exhausts like clutches and batteries are a consumable item

good luck

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29081

Yup - checked warranty and guess what.

Specifically excludes the exhaust system.

Question? Will the other cat likely fail very soon. If so should it be replaced at the same time?

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29082

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back