Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

It's a Bargin...for £90K!!!

TyUk

I just popped into my local OPC when I spied a lovely looking GT2. On closer inspection I discovered that it was a 2004 model, with a 1000 miles on the clock and a good spec list including parking sensors!? All this for the bargin price of £89,995! I was seriously considering swapping my C4S there-and-then for that beast because how much more money can that car lose...another £35k+??

I'm about 70% sure I won't have that car by the time the Poole trip roles around!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28677

I've seen GT2s for £65k at dealers, so I'd say it has a little way to fall yet. At the end of the day, it will only fetch a modest premium over a Turbo 4... which makes a fairly priced GT2 a cracking buy!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28678

But the GT2 looks daft. Plain996 Turbo 4: sheer class, the business.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28681

The GT2 does have a looney-tunes beast appeal- all that power, rear wheel drive, PCCB, no namby-pamby PSM, 4wd etc. Its called the widow-maker in the states...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28682

where have you seen GT2s for 65K?

that is similar money to what the new used GT3s are going for now and the GT3RS is about 12k more than that!!

how many UK GT2s are there? 65k is well reasonable!, i think they cost almost twice that new didnt they?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28707

there is a GT2 on the main Porsche website for £65k - bargain IMO

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28709

There was a lovely one for sale at Maranello Sales for £65k a few weeks ago. The Gt2 is a bit of an oddity because it is a 2wd Turbo with no traction control as opposed to the original 993 Gt2 which was a 'proper' homologation special.

It also had a slating by the press when it came out. Thus s/h values represent great value as now people have come round to them (one of the Autocar journalists has just bought one). Reminds me a bit of the 964 RS and look whats recently happened to the value of those...

I could really fancy a Gt2 in Clubsport spec.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28713

The Gt2 is a bit of an oddity because it is a 2wd Turbo with no traction control as opposed to the original 993 Gt2 which was a 'proper' homologation special.

'proper' is this because its a 993??

so a 996 is not 'proper'??

please explain.

cheers... rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28726

I really fail to understand why people have this hang up about the GT2, it's amazingly fast, looks great and is very good value!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28727

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by rob carty on 20 May 2005

The Gt2 is a bit of an oddity because it is a 2wd Turbo with no traction control as opposed to the original 993 Gt2 which was a 'proper' homologation special.

'proper' is this because its a 993??

so a 996 is not 'proper'??

please explain.

cheers... rob
I meant 'proper' as in the 993GT2 was so named because it was a homologation version of the GT2 class racing car and built in very limited numbers.

The 996GT2 on the other hand was (and I may be speaking out of wrong end of my anatomy here) a tweaked up Turbo less the 4wd and psm etc but plus PCCB and had no relationship with a GT2 racing car, or at least was not built in the homologation spirit or limited numbers of the 993 GT2.

I wasn't having a pop at 996s or the GT2 variant for that matter, both cars I would very happily own!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28735

Previous poster said:
both cars I would very happily own!
me too !! - :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28737

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back