Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 / EXTRAS / ADVICE / HELP

rob carty

Guys could do with some advice im buying a 2003 GT3 CLUBSPORT,its being imported from Germany although a RHD.

The car only has 5000 miles but is a very basic spec it has the ceramic brakes, black recaro seats and not much else.I have been offered an extra years warranty for 500 pounds which im going to do, but i may have the option of having some other extras fitted such as sat nav.

As it is a CLUBSPORT model are these supposed to be kept relativly basic to keep down weight etc so would i be wasting my money for resale value if i were to add the sat nav or should i consider an aftermarket version i could possibly keep if i were to sell the car.

Also does anyone know where i can view porsche options/extras prices? i really like the aly packs but have no idea of cost PLEASE HELP

cheers...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28087

Your local OPC will of course furnish you with details of options, and the website may do in the 'configure a new porsche' section.

I don't suppose it will do any harm fitting nav etc as they certainly add to the usability of a car, but don't expect to get the money back if you come to sell...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28091

The Porsche Sat Nav will not fit the MK2GT3, as it has the MOST bus. Just buy a TOM TOM device.

If you are going to track the car, may be worth changing to steel discs as the ceramics don;t last long and cost a fortune.

Sean

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28101

Hi

cheers for replys found out pcm has to be factory fitted so will probally go for an alpine system,but whats the MOST bus system ? is it any good

ps.. got a wayfinder system on my phone which works really well as a sat nav double handy, OH and not going to bother with an extras but like the OP tyre valve caps!!

VERY NICE AND SUITS MY EXTRAS BUDGET!!

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28121

alpine is one of the best otherwsie

the latest Becker Traffic Pro High Speed unit, which is also in built within the radio unit (works with MP3) and has the Porsche OEM look !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28128

Hi Sean are you serious about changing the ceramic discs? i spoke to Porsche and they assure me, if the car is not tracked and used fairly moderatly the discs should be good for 200,000 miles!!! and the pads at least 10-12000 miles, yes i know they're expensive to replace but not to excessive me thinks!!

So if the discs do need replacing which i suspect they will at some stage i cant believe the 200,000 miles quoted how does the warranty work if for eg the car only has 10/15000 miles on it would i be totally liable for costs?? anyone had any experience with the ceramics or warranty issues?

thanks...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28185

New ceramics will cost you around 10k. Everyone I know who has them has swapped to steels. Discs are consumables so the warranty doesn't cover them. They may change them as a good will gesture, but as the car is an import it will make it harder.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28187

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back