Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Advice

Hooper

Hi Guys,

I know the reliability issues of the 996 engine have been discussed at great length on this site, and I have decided not to read all the topics on this as you start to get incredibly paranoid that the engine is doomed in all cars!

I have decided that worrying about something like this is only going to spoil the enjoyment of owning a car that I have wanted since childhood, and therefore, without going through all the horror stories to pick out the bits of advice, can anyone tell me what preventitive measures can I take to minimise the risk - oil change every three months, any parts porsche can replace now etc?

Craig

1998 996 Carrera 2, GT3 Kit, Black

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27750

you cant really take any they just go wrong when they go wrong some never do if they knew what caused it they would sort it

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27751

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back