Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 C2 Cabrio - Newbie Advice

ant1973

Hi,Wondering if anyone could offer some advice? I've been offered a 996 C2 Cabrio, 2001 "51" Tiptronic, 40k miles, hardtop in what I believe is Basalt Black. Price quoted is 35k. The extras are minimal, although it does have stability management.The car has had 2 owners in total (both of whom I know) and has not lead a hard life by any stretch of the imagination. The interior is savanah and is beginning to show it's age on the seats, although I know that I can have them re-trimed for circa 1k. Full PSH included.Any thoughts on 35k? Cheapest I've seen in a dealer is 42k for a similar model, albeit it had only done 17k miles. Parkers says 45k and Glass 40k on average condition (but I know that both guides are not very accurate for 911). Cheapest on autotrader is about 39k.Thanks in advance.Anthony

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27737

40K in 4 years is no big deal and certainly not something that would put me off. Price from what you say is good (check other cars on this site for comparison). 996 prices are falling quite heavily at the moment, due to 997 coming on line and possibly the dreaded 996 engine problems (Check this out in the problems section) which in reality are probably fairly rare.

Do you want an AUTO? Manual is generally more preffered

Dont really understand what your doubts are? Get a PPI before you buy and negotiate accordingly

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27754

Thanks for your help. Generally I wouldn't want an auto but was pretty impressed when I drove it. I also do a lot of town driving.

Also, I know it may sound like a daft question but does the 996 have a rake adjustment?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27921

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back