Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Well, I've gone and done it!!!

wayne williams

Guys,

I bought one!!

An '82 SC with FPSH, engine rebuild, gearbox rebuild, new SSI system, 2 brand new wings, full pro respray.

The ever-faithfull Peter Morgan will cast his trained eye over it tomorrow before I hand over the remainder of the dosh!!

Thanks everybody for all your advice.

Wayne

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27663

Well done enjoy

SEE YA

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27666

Cool I hope the ppi is good

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27668

look forwrad to the pics, congrats :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27669

Congrats- sounds a good 'un. Hope the ppi is good, and enjoy!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27672

Does anyone have a soft copy of the PPI they can email me. I am just venturing out on the journey to acquire a 964 C4 and if it is not some masonic secret, I'd be glad to have a browse to know what to expect for my money when I get one done myself.

Cheers

Robert

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27677

Hello send me a PM for infor.

SEE YA

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27681

well done...

when you get a chance post info back on the info about the SC !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27684

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 26 April 2005

well done...

when you get a chance post info back on the info about the SC !
And once you've got the info on the info, some pics of the pics would be cool too. :wink:

Fingers crossed on the PPI and look forward to seeing it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27690

Nice one. 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27691

Guys,

PPI has come back 85% favourable. There are a few small oil leaks from the cam covers and from one of the chain covers and the Targa roof could do with a restore.

The body and other things seems to be fine so I will go and pick it up tomorrow.

Anybody here had any dealings with the leaks listed above? Peter M said that they are not critical so I will deal with in time and I will restore the roof with one of the kits available ( any suggestions??)

If any of are on the M5/M50 tomorrow and see a light blue 911 on the hard shoulder (I f##kin hope not!!!!) please pull over!!!

Wayne

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27840

Good luck tomorrow. Enjoy it......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27842

SC, they never disappoint! Good choice!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27850

Cam cover leaks are an easy DIY fix, and will cost you only a few £ for new gaskets (and replacing the nyloc nuts is recommended) but if your not confident in touching it yourself the cam covers have to come off when you next have the car serviced to the valve clearances can be checked/adjusted.

Cam chain covers require a little more work but again easily DIYable, and can be accessed with the engine in place. Only complications can be if it's the oil seal on the end of the cam. If it's not p*ssing out though, don't worry too much, just enjoy and accept that it's not uncommon for 911s to drip a bit from time to time.

Go and buy Wayne Dempseys "101 projects for you Porsche 911". It'll be the best £10 you've spent. The technical forum on Pelicanparts.com is also an invaluable source of info for older 911's and is run by the author of the above book.

Best of luck with it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27855

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back