Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Noisy 993 wipers?

Robertb

Yas Marina
Tip-

I've just found out that 993 wipers should have a little rubber grommet attached to the driver's side wiper blade to separate the two blades- it stops them clattering together.

Just thought I'd let you know in case anyone else is as irritated by noisy wipers as I am!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27398

Hi Robert - do you have 2 blades per arm or do you mean the grommit should be in place between the 2 arms?

Bit confused here - :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27400

No just one blade per arm, but the arms/blades sit v close together so the grommet stops them clashing.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27402

hi robert - i've just gone and looked at my car and i dont see what your referring to. does the grommet connect the 2 wiper arms together?

all i can see that sounds close to what your talking about is a plastic exension on the lower arm, this extends about an inch?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27404

It is a little rubber/plastic stub, extending around 1cm, which appears to clip onto the lower blade.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27405

that sounds like what im rambling on about.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27406

Glad we got that sorted!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27409

lol - i was going to ask you to post a picture next !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27410

Yep, you have to remember to take the grommet or "bump stop" of the old wiper and transfer to your new when you replace them.

pp

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27606

Wallace

.....................or just grommet?!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28354

I don't have this bit on mine. Touch wood wipers work OK though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28357

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Maxy M on 13 May 2005

I don't have this bit on mine. Touch wood wipers work OK though.

They'll work just fine. The only problem is they will knock into each other when they are at the bottom of the crean.

pp

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28390

They've always been very close and seem so happy together.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28392

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stinkyspanner
Back