Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 engine problems

Maxy M

Barcelona
It's occurred to me that on this forum we know of two 997s with engine failures. (And maybe there are one or two more that I've missed.) Perhaps other cases have been reported on other UK forums, and maybe there are some that just haven't made any of the forums.

Given that the 997 has only been around in the UK for just over six months and only several hundred cars sold, just the two cases reported on 911uk.com represent a pretty high failure rate...

What a dismal situation. And what a lousy prospect for owners in the third and subsequent years...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27385

all new cars have teething problems i think only 2 is very good unlike the 996 its every other 2

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27416

nonny why dont you want to listen to problems with porsches as if it was not for sites like this the manafactures would be able to keep this quiet and nobody would here about these problems the most popular thread on this site is 996 engine problems and it gives owners a bit of confidence to complain to the dealers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27422

Good point FR - I would have never of heard of such problems had it not been for this site.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27428

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by ferrari's rule on 21 April 2005

all new cars have teething problems i think only 2 is very good unlike the 996 its every other 2
Yes, of course they do, and one can forgive those. But I'm talking about major flaws in the design and manufacture of powertrain items that cost big money to put right.

And furthermore they are problems perpetuated from the 996. So hardly 'teething troubles'. There's no excuse.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27457

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Servo Sarai on 21 April 2005

Good point FR - I would have never of heard of such problems had it not been for this site.
thats because sites like this represent a vocal minority whereas for vast numbers of owners they probably don't know and thats because their cars are fine

the way some of you guys talk you must stay awake at night wondering if your car is going to spontaneously combust

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27465

maybe we should start a thread - whose 996 has not self - distructed ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27466

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Warren M on 22 April 2005
maybe we should start a thread - whose 996 has not self - distructed ?
no takers then thats amazing

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27560

so that means all 996's have engine problems?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27561

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back