Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 water on floor

mark bannon

i have a 993 turbo,

after a very heavy spell of rain, which over here in ireland is quite often !!!, there is a show of water on the floor in the front, i have had to remove the sound insulation from the floor , but for the life of me i cannot find where it is getting in.

all the seals seem fine although the windscreen was replaced about 6 months ago,

anyone had similar problems....

thanks for your advice in advance.

mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26261

i know its a problem on turbo's!

you get to about 4000 rpm and you Pi*s youself from fright !!

maybe wear rubber pants?!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26266

i wondered why it was only on the passenger side !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26289

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by chris on 30 March 2005

i know its a problem on turbo's!

you get to about 4000 rpm and you Pi*s youself from fright !!

maybe wear rubber pants?!!

ROFLMAO :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26291

front scuttle drain plug blocked?

sunroof drain pipe blocked disconnected?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26303

I`ve a C2S and last year I was travelling on the M62 when the heavens opened so much that I pulled off the m`way and then stopped for a break at services. It was then that my wife noticed the carpets were absolutely sodden! It has never been out in such torrential rain since but I havn`t seen any re-occurence of the problem again, but it is always at the back of my mind.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30209

Had similar problem a while ago, found to be blocked sunroof drain pipe. But I remmember reading somewhere (?rennlist) about a gap betwwen body panels just inside of the skirting that might let water in.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30211

check your windscreen as well - mine leaks in really bad weather

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30237

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back