Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 and water

Philip1972

Imola
Hi, I posted just the other day asking about a Porsche 996 I am considering buying. And now I have another question I am afraid! Do they tend to use any water (someone said they can do on lots of short runs) and is half a litre of oil every 1000 miles too much? (on BMW anything upto 1 litre per 1000 miles is apparently OK). And finally...I will be putting on a Porsche warranty after the used car check..do these cover virtually everthing or are there lots of get out clauses?

Sorry for all the questions but hopefully the deal will be done soon and I will shut up!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26194

Never topped up oil or water in 3 years. How do you get under the bonnet? I think its easier to list what the used warranty covers than what it doesn't - in my limited but painful experience expect to pay for everything unless you have evidence to prove otherwise!!

If you get a PPI make sure the dealer puts all the items right.....and dont forget about the almost worn out bits like front disks at £100 per side (not warranty) or the scaby Becker radios that go AWOL and lose their logic (not covered) or any other minor bits and pieces.

But when they go well, they go very well (apologies to 993 owners)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26195

1 litre of oil could last 10,000 miles or a thousand at any time !

it's a 911, oil is there blood !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26207

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back