Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Xenons on ebay, bought, fitted.. wow !

More or less fair do's Phil - but Mark Pearce is a frequent poster, and we all know what he sells...

Aceparts, the more switched on of us know about you and your site anyway. Post some info there and we can check it out.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37134

Mark doesn't advertise his cars in the forum - like other dealers he's pays to have them in the sales section.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37145

ACE Parts

How about a prize for the curry night ?

A little gesture for the community spirit?

PM Sundeep for his address

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37147

Wait until you see the pictures first....

Prizes... I've got a box of grommets that go in the tear drop mirror bases. ;o)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37150

[quote:VOy7k6SADa="Previous poster"]Quote: Originally posted by mark pearce on 05 November 2005ACE Parts
How about a prize for the curry night ?
A little gesture for the community spirit?
PM Sundeep for his address

[/QUOTE]

mark how about that
[u:VOy7k6SADa]
as prize for curry night :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37151

I keep telling you I'm not one of the thames valley millionaire Porsche Dealers,

I know its only the price of a Rolex daytona

I thought a Charge o mat was generous enough

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37153

Phil: OK, I get the photo re Mark paying for advertising... Sorry; you're right. :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37162

sorry to drag up an old thread, but this seemed to be the definitive xenon/hid install thread...

just wondering what bulb everyone is using for the full beam light ? Having upgraded to xenons last weekend, i realised my full beam looks seriously yellow compared to the dipped xenons...

definitely not interesting in adding a second HID kit (just not worth it IMHO) but what do people use.... philps bluevisions ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135314

Not worth the bother IMO Nik. With the Xenons you'll probably use the main beam less anyhow.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135323

There's no need to put HID on high beam. They don't really respond fast enough to be safe anyway.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135324

agree no need to put HID's on the high beam, was just thinking about some less yellow bulbs for main beam. take the point about not really using the main beam, so will leave as is. thx!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135439

FWIW, what you read about as "Bi-xenons" work via small blinds that are moved out of the way when you switch to full beam, thus exposing more of the xenon beam. The full beams themselves are still conventional bulbs- xenon bulbs take a good 10 secs + to get up to full steam.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135451

the latest Bi-Xenons systems fire x00,000 of volts at the system to get an instant high beam on xenon power

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135594

Hi guys, have been going through this thread and had a couple of questions:

I have a 996 with normal lights. In the thread, it seems most of the people upgrading to xenons have 993's. Anyone done it on a 996 and does it make a huge difference?

Also - am I right in thinking you can buy 2 brand new units for c.£200 and that these completely replace the existing light units? (i.e. its not just new bulbs)

Thanks for any help.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135709

my two pennies....

- i think HID upgrade makes a significant difference on most cars (996 included). standard 993 headlights are not the best so arguable a bigger improvement on the 993 (vs other cars). You can get more powerful bulbs for the regular headlights (philips bluevision or powerplus) but hid's are always brighter.

- cost was around £175 for my kit (from Aceparts)... had to buy a few other bits and pieces (22m drill bit, etc) but easily within £200.

- install is very easy on the 993... not sure about the 996. In the 993, the new unit is basically a bulb which replaces the original bulb. Also a ballast which is wired to the bulb and needs to be intalled/secured behind the headlights or in the luggage compartment.

hope that helps.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135711

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back