Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 (964) Turbo body Cab

selltop

Hi I need some help

Question: How many 964 turbo body cab's did Porsche import into the UK?

Normal in Wimbledon green, or Tahoe Blue

Clive

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25629

from my understanding the 964 Turbo Cab is VERY rare

http://www2.uk.porsche.com/english/gbr/911/turbo/history/default_noflash.htm

this link will help..... tech spec has numbers made, although I think that is total factory numbers

assuming it's the 3.6 L Turbo 2, then according to the info I have seen total of 42 RHD were imported, but no indication of Cab numbers.... but assuming the normal UK 10% ratio = very rare !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25632

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by selltop on 15 March 2005

Normal in Wimbledon green, or Tahoe Blue
and very much miami vice colours from those days in the 80's.. :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25694

Turbo bodied cabs....Im not too sure, but Turbo cabs...4 made, two rhd, two left as special orders (as I understand). I have a pic of one that I looked at on my site
www.performance2and4.co.uk

Adrian.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25725

Hi Clive,

I give in then. Want to do a swap?

I know I've only recently achieved anorac status but as you say and to the best f my knowledge, Porsche did not offer a 964 turbo in cabriolet form. There were two versions of the 964 turbo. One with a 3.3 litre engine and the second with the 3.6. Is the second the 965?

The red book says that the American Roaster (or 964 cab with turbo look) was offered from 1992 and consisted of a Carrera 2 cabriolet with turbo flares and underpinnings as an option, much the same as the 3.2 SuperSport or SSE. Apparently a total of 250 were made but I haven't tracked down how many were UK RHD.

Turbo looks were available in Wimbledon Green / Green, Rasberry Red / Red & Lavendar Blue Metallic / Grey. I'm sure I've seen at least 2 blue ones for sale recently but can't remember where.

One company had a red LHD for at least a year but I don't know if the bodywork was original as it was a bit of a wide boy car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25732

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back