Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 2.7 boxster V facelife 3.2S

colin smithA1

Hi

I'm looking to move up from my 86 3.2 to a boxster and I've seen a couple I like.

Which would people go for the old 3.2 or new 2.7?

Has any one driven a 2.7 yet and if so do they know how it compare with 3.2 S.

Also anybody got any feed back on Autobahn.

Thanks for the help

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24943

I'd go for an old 3.2,

I know the new 2.7 has almost as much BHP,

but does it have the same mid range Grunt ( torque)

also look at what 3 year old boxsters are worth against the new price, they do not depreciate at the 3% the papers tell you, a £27-£29K boxster s probably cost the first owner £42-£46k,

Be wary of £30K second hand 2.7's as the new car is £34500 on the road

Damn nice chap at
www.stirlings.co.uk
allways has some nice boxsters

but i am biased being him

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24948

Hi Colin

Not many Boxter drivers here I'm afraid but try
www.porsche
-1.net. There's quite a few there and they seem a good knowledgeable bunch on that particular model. If of course you go the 993 route instead, then it dont come more expert than here !!

:D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24949

Colin,

In answer to your other question I bought a car from Autobahn last summer (a '88 3.2). Found them excellent to deal with. I asked them to deal with a number of things on the car and when it came to picking up the car all had been dealt with. They also sorted out the only issue with the car that I had after picking it up with no hassle.

Steven

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24952

I have ordered a 987 2.7 boxster. Decided on this over a 3.2 as 2 year warranty and hopefully not as bad depreciation as when the 987 are more freely availabke the early models will fall to a price. Personally just used for commuting in so no need for more than 240bhp.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24962

Actually, I am deciding on my car tomorrow morning. I will get it in two weeks!!!!

Either a 2.7 Boxster (987) or a 997 Carrera.

I have driven the 987 2.7 and was very impressed. My local Porsche dealership lent me a 997 and then a 987 - did about 400 KM : ) Loved both but was particularly impressed with the 987. Its a lot of car for half the price of a 997.....At least in Japan.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24964

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back