Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Cayman S

Wish I had your job, Hendo...!

More seriously, the GT6 resemblance is rather a hoot. Bet those of us who can remember didn't realise the Triumph styling of the time was so advanced!

Also, the Cayman is supposed to be more of an out-and-out sports car than the Boxster or Carrera. So I guess that leaves the Carrera to carry on the job of what it's become: a 2+2 GT. (And of course does it rather well...)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24823

Fire the guy who thought the name up PLEASE!
To most people it means Caymen islands!
DOH!

Maybe they meant to call it Gayman and made a typo?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24856

Boxster was so called to represent Boxer Roadster. But the Boxoupe clearly didn't have the same ring to it.

I wonder why porsche didn't stick with numbers e.g. 911, 924, 944, 968, 928???

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24960

Maxy, lovely car, great picture in your sig. etc. Any chance you could make it a shade smaller?! I have to scroll the screen to read the postings as it expands the width to fit your pic. :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24961

Speaking of silly names. Japan has the most stupid names for cars. Examples:

Nissan Cedric,

Mitsubishi Starrion (supposed to be Stallion - spelling mistake)

Mitsubishi Pajero (Shogun in Europe - Pajero is not a very nice word in Spanish)

Toyota Bb

Toyota Porte (door)

Toyota Willvs

Toyota ist (what the hell is that?)

Nissan El Grande (The Big)

The list goes on, the wife is getting impatient - so I better go to bed : )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24963

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back