Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

bilsteins

strangely enough just outside warrington!

been using him on allsorts of motors in the past turbos/supercharged 4x4 etc - really good bunch of lads and one of them has a 924 race car and a 911 he is rebuilding - i have confidence....

perhaps see if he makes a good job on mine first ;-)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22625

billies fitted and set up today at 9m

fantastic difference in ride quality - feels like a new car - really controlled over roughter stuff and doesnt shake your fillings out.

Sits alittle lower than it did and running their own fast road alignment settings

Very pleased - so pleased i had to treat the car to some zymol stuff whilst there though....

lots of accident damaged cars in there at the moment - must be the weather :-(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23295

good work.... new suspension & a 3.8 litre ! lucky man !!!

a test for your new suspension; if you find a totally flat & perfect section of road what is the ride like, there in theory should no movement at all from your new suspension....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23300

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 27 January 2005

a test for your new suspension; if you find a totally flat & perfect section of road what is the ride like, there in theory should no movement at all from your new suspension....
flat and perfect road? - no such thing up here ;-)

going to have a play at the weekend if its dry - a bit of compare and contrast....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23301

Hey Marc,

Congrats, saw your post on the PCGB.

Just waiting for my bilsteins and springs to arrive, hence the interest in your setup.

William

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23302

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Shed17 on 27 January 2005

Just waiting for my bilsteins and springs to arrive, hence the interest in your setup.

William
William - sure if you spoke nicely to 9M they would let you know what settings they have used. (bit anoyed that i have managed to misplace the geometry sheet)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23304

Massive difference - just driven it this morning to a clients office.

SSSOOO well planted on the motorway - more comfortable as well - worth every penny on a road car :)

potholes are not as nasty either - the damping on rebound is fantastic.

just had a look at the springs i think mine are the M033 opposed to the M030 - if so for 'normal' fast road use doubt changing to M030 is worth it.

spending alot of time in the lake district (where i'm originally from) and north wales - some of the roads are pretty rough. any firmer and it would make hard work of the roads and ultimately slow you down with fear of bumping off the road.

Horses for courses i suppose? - i never intend tracking the car, but do intend doing the odd night 'rally' through snowdonia/cumbria. I'm a big fan of supple but controlled suspension - this is what the billies have done on the car - transformed

talking of rallys anyone on here a rally fan? may have some corporate fun coming up on the malcolm wilson later this year....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23315

rally fan? - a couple of colleaugues have a full rally prepped daihatsu! - no laughing please!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23421

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back