Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How to pull out the PCM1 satnav CD player

nikv

Has anyone got any idea as to how to pull out the PCM1 satnav CD player without causing some major damage to the plastics ?
I want to pull it out to have a look at its part number.
Want to work out if it is one of the later or earlier series PCM1. Apparentely, if later series, it is still possible to get brand new satnav CDs for it.
My car is from 2001, so it may just have the slightly newer one.

Nik.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21670

you need the 'special keys' ... which go into the slots at the bottom corners to unclip the unti from the surrounding cage to then pull it out... assuming you have to small flat slots at the bottom of each corner...

which are availble from your dealer or most audio shops... got mine from halfords for £5..... as it's the same as for the Audi units..

although dealer would prob' charge MUCH more !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21680

I know which ones you mean, but they are for the Becker unit. This is just a CD-ROM for the satnav. It has 4 holes (2 on each side of the unit). I guess this requires some sort of special keys as well. I guess I'll have to ring the dealers.

Nik

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21719

it just pulls out - it is very stiff though

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22015

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renn27
Back