Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mel's Motor......

Explains why you never turned up in it....!

So what's the spec then?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20854

Try:
http://www.cupcar.net/registry/regmain.asp

for more info and pix. Needs updating as since found out that car was fifth overall in it's first year in the Carrera Cup (1991) with Oscar Larrauri, with firsts at Zandvoort and Osterichring -both races of which I have videos of!!

The engine was rebuilt last year after I ran no. 5 bearing, most likely due blocked oilway from non-standard silicone sealant. Now 320bhp -so better bhp/tonne than a GT3!!! ;)

May trailer it to the Ace tonite.....

Rgds

Mel

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20862

Great one Mel, does it pass the noise test for track days? Love to see it goes! Just to educate the not so knowledgable ones like myself, does it have the 3.6 L engine still? Performance wise how do you think it'd compare to say a 993 RS (road car). It's pretty obvious from the history and photos that it belongs on the race track, but would it be drivable on the road? I'm thinking throttle/clutch/brakes, as one would expect the suspension would be really hard with minimum ground clearance.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20866

In answer to Butzi's q's......

Noise -while you lot are trying to make 'em louder, mine was regularly 107db at 75% revs at 3/4m from exhaust tip. So fitted a C2 silencer across the back....:( Now 98-102db. No noticebal power loss, although perhaps slightly slower on the pick up upto 4200rpm, and lost the delicious popping and banging on the over run....oh welll....

Original 3.6 engine? Yes.

993 road car is soft compared to this....you're looking at GT3 + type acceleration and a top speed of 173mph (Brunters VMax -March)

It is road legal, but prepare for lift off on bumpy roads.....but, did 10,000kms over two years, fifteen hundred of which was running the rebuilt engine in, and possibly only another 500kms on road on top -so haven't bothered getting it taxed or MOT'd this year.

I do have a little video of it blowing off a new Turbo at Combe if you want to send me yr e-mail address......

Rgds

Mel

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20871

Sounds awesome, just to show how a race/track prep car can out run a very fast road car that's meant to be the king of the road. Do you do any of the track days in Bedford, if so I'd like to see it in action next yr sometime!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20898

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back