Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

strange noise 996 4S

David 4S

Hello Every one !

Recently bought a 996 4S new, running it smoothly so far (1300 miles, around 4000 rpm max).

After going for a ride in the english country side, a strange mettalic noise appeared at low speed, as if a cable or a suspension spring was suffering, even get vibrations in the steering wheel some time. Nothing at high speed, nothing when breaking.

Would any one have a clue of this problem?

Many thanks to you all,

David

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20044

The only clue that I have is that I never had that noise with my 4s (j-lo) so it shouldnt be there, take it back and get it sorted asap.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20048

it has been fixed today : happened to be the anti-roll-bar link ! According to the dealer, it is one of the 911 and Boxster weakness.

Disappointing for such a car, despite the quick action of the head of sales to have it fixed same day.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20108

Another sign that Porsche technical development/build quality/reliability ain't what they used to be?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20110

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Maxy M on 01 November 2004

Another sign that Porsche technical development/build quality/reliability ain't what they used to be?
yawn!! ... nothing beats the reliability and build quality of a 993 I suppose...

one swallow does make a summer springs to mind (again)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20127

Glad to see your back up and running david, how have you enjoyed the car so far?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20134

Come on guys, it's only a loose Anti Roll Bar, hardly makes Porsche unreliable. I have had 6 new porsches in 5 years, and never had a failure. Even if it falls of the car will still drive fine.

As people here know, I drive my cars hard, I know most of the GT3RS owners in the country, and I only know of one car that has had issues. All these cars are driven hard and the car just takes it. Porsche are reliable, it's just the odd one that fails.

Sean

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20143

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sean Dudding on 02 November 2004

Come on guys, it's only a loose Anti Roll Bar, hardly makes Porsche unreliable. I have had 6 new porsches in 5 years, and never had a failure. Even if it falls of the car will still drive fine.

As people here know, I drive my cars hard, I know most of the GT3RS owners in the country, and I only know of one car that has had issues. All these cars are driven hard and the car just takes it. Porsche are reliable, it's just the odd one that fails.

Sean

at last the voice of reason ... nice one Sean

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20146

The GT3RS has a 993 engine - water cooled, not a 996 engine.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20161

yeah I know that.

But I had 5 986/996 and never had an issue.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20163

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back