Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 and autumn leaves (pics)

graham_mitchell

Perfect day for a drive on my local Swedish country roads :)

crw_0668v2.jpg

crw_0666.jpg

crw_0679v3.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19488

Hi Graham,

The motor looks great! Nice photo's! What are the speed limits like in Sweden?

Can you open her up on those beautiful roads?

Servo

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19489

This is a quiet area, and there will amost never be police with radar. Swedish speed cameras shoot front on, which explains the absence of my front plate. I would prefer to get a ticket for no plate (it hasn't happened yet) than lose my licence.

Not that I condone unsafe driving for a second.

You can get up to 200kph on those roads if you push it hard but it's just not safe (too many trees for one thing). There are almost no truly straight sections. Personally, I prefer taking the low speed twisty sections hard. Short bursts of WOT then hard braking and cornering.

FYI the top speed limit in Sweden is 110kph (68mph) but normal traffic sites between 110 and 150 (93mph) if there are no police around.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19490

Sad old git says

This brings back good memories of 1991/92 when I was involved with a girl who lived in Malmo. Driving around Southern Sweden and seeing its clean and vast beaches was a pleasure, as was my companion. We were using her father's Datsun 360Z or some other sad derirative but it seemed good enough. Owning a Porsche was beyond me and I could envy Graham now if the country remains as open and uncongested as it was then. Great place and nice photographs. Up there with Noony's whoosh effects ..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19491

Anthony, yes these roads are still a pleasure, and only 20 minutes from downtown Malmo.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19493

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back