Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Service Requirements

Pickled Piper

Suzuka
Can anybody tell me where I can get a list of items that need to be attended to at service time. The car I am buying is getting a 96K service before i take delivery. I'd like to undertstand exactly what will be done.

Cheers

P

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19419

well from my limited knowledge.. although this question is something I should know !

every 12k = oil & filter change

every 24k = as per 12k plus spark plugs

and just a list of checks around the car and various re-greasing of parts...

I thing ? I guess ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19477

Cheers Sundeep,

any idea about transmission fluid? I think that should be changed at 96K.

pp

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19483

not forgetting the brake fluid every 2 years..

as well as the air filter at every service.. but this part is so easy & cheap as as it gets dirty pretty quicker I would recommend a DIY air filter change every 6k !

as for the transmission fluid.. my guess would be at every 4 years or 50k miles.... and from memory it isn't very expensive (?)

and very useful for a check by the Bosch Diagnostic tool, to spot any electrical faults..

not sure on the cambelt though.... ?

my service book is in German.. so dont actually know what it says !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19485

There's no cambelt, dosen't it use chain?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19486

There is a long list! Here ya go... There are more items for 40,000km and 80,000km and time intervals too.
serviceinterval.gif

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19487

Cheers Graham,

just what I needed.

BTW The car I'm buyibg is a Polar Silver Carrera 4 as well. Can't wait!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19516

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Pickled Piper on 20 October 2004
Cheers Graham,

just what I needed.
BTW The car I'm buyibg is a Polar Silver Carrera 4 as well. Can't wait!

Terrible choice!
:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19527

Awful colour...you'll hate it!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19564

Polar silver looks great ...mines iris blue tho!

theres no cambelt to change ---its chains innit!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19931

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by chris on 27 October 2004

theres no cambelt to change ---its chains innit!!
precisely!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19932

as my manual is in german.. what are the 40k and 80k extras ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31493

They'll probably just do the normal 12K service - oil change and air and polledn filters. 24K includes oil filters (not done at 12K), plugs and fuel filter. 48K is gearbox oils too. The othe stuff is just padding.

brake fluid is every 2 years from memory

You'd be better off buying the car without the service and taking it to an independent and establishing exactly what's been done and getting the appropriate servicing done.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31495

Here you go ...

Maintenance every 20,000 km/12,000 miles

Diagnostic system: Read out fault memoryChange engine oilV-belt or Polyrib belt: Check condition and tensionChange spark plugs (only on vehicles without catalytic converter)Visual inspection for leaks: Oils and fluidsAir filter: Replace filter elementAnti-pollen filter: replace filter insertCrankcase ventilation: Check tightness of hose connectionsFuel system: Visual inspection for damage, correct position and tightness of connectionsIntake air system: Check hoses, lines and connections for tightnessHandbrake: Check free travel of handbrake leverBrake system: Visual inspection of brake pads and disks for wearBrake hoses and lines: Visual inspection for damage, correct position and corrosion, check brake fluid levelClutch: Check play or final position of clutch pedalThrottle valve actuation: Check for ease of movement and full throttle positionResonance flap and Varioram: Check operation (Carrera only)Steering gear: Visual check of bellows for damageTrack rod links: Check play and dust capsPower steering/clutch: Check fluid levelsAxle joints: Visual inspection of dust caps for damageScrew connections of suspension adjustment system: Check for tightness front and rearManual transmission/axle drives: Check oil levelAutomatic transmission : Check fluid levelDrive shafts: Visual inspection of sleeves for leaks and damageExhaust system: Visual inspection for leaks and damage, check attachmentTyres: Check condition and pressureDoor hinges: LubricateCheck door, lid locks and safety hooks on front lid for tightness and operationSafety belts: Check operation and conditionSeals for doors, compartment lids and roof: Remove abraded rubber, apply suitable lubricantVehicle lighting: Check operationAll headlights: Check settingHorn: Check operationWindscreen washer, headlight washer: Check fluid levels and nozzle settings; in winter months top up with anti-freeze as necessaryAll other electrical equipment as well as indicator and warning lights: Check operationIgnition circuit 1 and 2: Check operation (Carrera only)

Maintenance every 40,000 km/24,000 miles

Automatic transmission: Change fluid and ATF filterToothed belt for power steering: Check conditionReplace spark plugs (only in vehicle with catalytic converter)Replace both engine oil filters

Maintenance every 80,000 km/48,000 miles

Replace fuel filterManual transmission/axle drives: Change oilAutomatic transmission: Change oil in axle drive

Maintenance yearly - after the first 2 years

File Status Report for Long-life guarantee

Maintenance every 3 years

Change brake fluid (Only use Original Porsche Brake Fuild)

Maintenance after 4, 8, and 10 years, thereafter every 2 years

Check airbag system

Recommended Yearly Maintenance

Change engine oilVisual inspection for leaks: Oils and fluidsDiagnostic system: Read out fault memoryHandbrake: Check free travel of handbrake levelBrake system: Visual inspection of brake pads and disks for wearCheck brake fluid levelSteering gear: Visual inspection of bellows for damageTrack rod joints: Check play and dust capsAxle joints: Visual inspection of dust caps for damageDrive shafts: Visual inspection of cup seals for leaks and damageExhaust system: Visual inspection for leaks and damage, check attachmentTires: Check condition and pressureSeals for doors, compartment lids and roof: remove abraded rubber, apply suitable lubricantCheck operation of lighting systemWindshield washer, headlight washer: Check fluid level and nozzle settings; in the winter months top up with anti-freeze as necessaryBattery: Check electrolyte level and densityAll other electrical equipment as well as indicator and warning lights: Check operationFile Status Report for Long-life guarantee (after the first 2 years)Test drive: Foot brake and handbrake, clutch, automatic speed control, steering, heating, air conditioning and instruments: Check operation

Ian.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31634

Any ideas where you have decided to get it serviced?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31654

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back