Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying a Boxster?

plynchy

Suzuka
Hi,i'm new on here,have signed up primarily as i'm in the market for a used Boxster 2.5. Would like some advice regarding do's/dont's etc,what to look out for,running/servicing costs,any reccommended insurers for a 32 year old? Any places to buy/not to buy from? A lot of questions i know! Any advice more than welcome. Cheers!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17713

Funny that eh? 911.co.uk - asking about Boxsters?

Anyone want information on Corsa's - this might be the right place?

I love it when people don't search forums's, but even better when they don't even go to the right place in the first place!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17716

My G/F recently bought one from Cridfords in Surrey -
http://www.cridfords.co.uk/cridfords.htm
- they have the best range of watercooled cars I have seen - seem reasonable too!!

Most of us are 911 / aircooled people here, so we aren't the best people to ask - good luck Mate!

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17717

Thanks for the replies,some helpful.

Andyphilpott,are you always this welcoming??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17721

My apologies - it was said tongue in cheek.

But this is a 911 site, per the name, so bit of a funny place to post do you not think...? Merely laughing with you...!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17726

Fair point chap - must have been a bad day.

At Cridford's yesterday - they have about 12 in stock or so it seemed to plenty of choice in one place...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17727

Got on boxanet,much more useful.

Cheers for the link!

Posted on here originally as it's the only UK forum that appeared,glad i made the mistake now!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17731

Hi,i'm new on here,have signed up primarily as i'm in the market for a used Boxster 2.5. Would like some advice regarding do's/dont's etc,what to look out for,running/servicing costs,any reccommended insurers for a 32 year old? Any places to buy/not to buy from? A lot of questions i know! Any advice more than welcome

Used to have a 2.7 Boxster. There have been excellent buying guides in 911 and Porsche World, and, I think, in GT Purely Porsche on the Boxster as a second-hand proposition.

Big points to note are :

1) Leaking rear main seal, or evidence of it having been replaced in the past as this can be a recurring problem

2) Porous cylinder liners which was a problem on 2.5 Boxsters, evidenced by mayo in oil or gunge in coolant

3) Get PSM if you possibly can (I am not sure 2.5s had this). My Boxster didn't have this and I had the usual backwards accident one frosty morning

4) Check under front for suspiciously new looking undertray or radiators, which coudl indicate a well-repared prang (see 3 above)

In all seriousness, if I were you, I would go straight into 911 territory (early 993 or 964). I wasted a lot of depreciation money owning a Boxster first, then suffering two year of the usual comments about Boxsters, only to give up finally and get a 911 anyway.

Good luck

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17736

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back