Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Bumper wind noise

David Winch

Trainee
Had GT3 kit fitted to my 996 C2, but over 70mph there seems be a droning noise which increases in pitch the faster I go, at least I imagine it would if I went faster than 70, which of course I don't. I 'imagine' at 90-odd it would be quite loud and a little distracting. I've also just got new tyres ( conti's), but I didn't think it would be those. Any ideas/suggestions?

cheers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17499

Sticking brake caliper ? I have a similar problem. When you're travelling at that 'imaginary' 90mph try dabbing the brake pedal and see if the noise stops - theoretically of course !

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17500

interesting, thanks. Does that fix it or just help diagnose the problem?

cheers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17502

It temporarily fixes it on my car ! If the noise doesn't disappear when you dab the brakes then you know that they're not the problem !!!! It's more than likely to be a poorly fitting seal somewhere on the car - can be tricky to trace !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17503

Check the tyre pressure too.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17504

Get someone to ride with you to try to pin down the location of the source of the noise.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17513

Jamie

Is the sticking caliper the reason you span at Bedford last week????

Sean :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17528

No, that would be the lack of talent !!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17529

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back