Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bleeding hell!!

Can somebody please help me I've just fitted new discs pads and ss hoses on my 89 3.2 but can't seem to get any pressure when i press the pedal!. I'm using racing blue fluid and have bled from all corners in the right order untill no more air has come out but still nothing! it has taken about 1 and a half litres of fluid now. Am i missing some thing?

Ta paul

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15156

Had similar problem a couple of years ago - solution was to read all available articles, most of which pointed to either a way of pressurising the system or, conversely, making a vacuum (i.e. one system 'pushes' from the master cylinder end and the other 'pulls' from the caliper end). I used an 'Eezibleed' pressure system and got a good (but not perfect) pedal. Regular bleeding over a period of a couple of months finished the job. Seems like driving (and braking of course!) managed to get the remaining air to the caliper ends.

Like you, I thought that I'd eradicated all the air - several times! And I used a LOT of fluid!

Have you checked the master cylinder seal? Some articles suggest that it is easily damaged if you let the pedal go the full stroke. Just a suggestion.

Mick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15220

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back