Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 primer or paint HELP needed

Herman

Hi

Would it be possible for anybody to send me some digital pictures of what the paint finish should be like under the bonnet of a 993 (in the storage area?) Should it be fully painted or the colour dusted over the primer. I am looking to get the car as original as possible (I am not sure if the it has been painted).

If so when it goes into the paint shop for a few stoine chips I will get them to replicate the under bonnet finish of the photos I hopefully will get sent

Many thanks

Sorry to be a pain buit it is an other excuse to go and take a few pics of your car

Elizabeth

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14781

Hi, again

No the paint finish is not totally complete under the bonnet there are areas were the primer shows. This point is referred to in the 993 porsche "Ultimate Buyers Guide" by Peter Morgan.

Quote " As the cars leave the factory, the paint finish on these box section steel members is often matt or flat and usually you can see the white undercoat showing where the top external coat has not reached." Unquote

In other words if fully painted consider accident damage!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14789

Micheal thanks for your comments.

Would anybody be able to send me some pics, how sad does that sound?

Thanks Colin & Elizabeth

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14808

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back