Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Damaged 993

Damien

HI Guys

This is my first posting so go easy.

I have recently had a front end ding on my 993, Porsche have told me to put it through Premiere Motor Bodies in
Luton
does anyone have any experience of these guys? Also as it was an Insurance job any thoughts on how will this effect the resale value of the 993?

Thanks for any ideas

D

993 (ill)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13519

D

Premier are good, don't go anywhere near HR Owen in NWLondon, they are completely sh!te and don't give a toss about doing a good job.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13527

resale will depend on whether its recorded or not and how honest you want to be - if the prang isnt that bad get a b4 and sfter set of photos done to show possible buyers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13558

If you go to a Porsche approved shop, they give you a life time warrenty and the resale value tends to be affected the least. But from experience they don't always do the best job, some better than the other.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13562

As Butzi said above, go to a Porsche approved bodyshop, but the repair can be just as variable as the next man. Therefore visit the shop regularly to see whats going on and make sure the shop manager thinks you are fussy. Also, it seems a foul trick but the shop will ask you to sighn a satisfaction note when you collect (and how the hell does the man in the street know if his bent motor has been repaired properly), so when you go to collect, take someone with you that has a real good eye/knowledge of how things should be. If the repair is done poorly it will affect the value big time- and I have seen plenty of poor repairs. Good luck. :)

Adrian Crawford . 911secrets.com

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13611

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back