Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying a 996, help me !

TLG

Below you will see that I am moving away from BMW (I expect some stick to come my way !) to my dream car. So in a nut shell 996 C2 or C4, tip or manual ?

Oh & is the 997 going to send 996's into freefall ?

Please help, you guys seem to be a good lot !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13297

Wokingham! Another Berskshire guy to add to the posse!

Anyway, C2/C4 manual. You can get a good C2 for around £35k, and a good C4 for around £37k. They won't go much lower than that, even with the 997.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13308

If you can just hold fire, go test drive as many different variants as possible, afn guildford normally have a varied selection, Certain options really make a difference to how each car feels, the sports suspension alters ride significantly and the sports seats are not too great for taller broader people, sports exhaust fantastic sounding etc etc etc. Also really think about your needs as a driver and how you use the car, I spent near on 70k for a 4s when all I really needed was a carrera 2 with sports exhaust about a £10k difference. As young noony said its hard to see 996 prices falling far below £35k but if the 997 is as good as we all hope for you may want to get into one of these and ceep changing after 6months to hopefully beat depreciation, see Jay Jay for advice on depreciation beating, this man seems to get paid to drive exotic cars!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13310

Try Northway an excellent independent - I got mine from there.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13317

Thanks for the heads up all. Have been to Northway today and they seemed very nice - made me a bit suspicious ! (Feel less so now that johnny says they are good)Didn't have anything in stock for me but took my number and will give me a call. Went to Camtune last Sat and same thing. Tried to push me towards a 996 C4 Tip with GT3 kit. Looked nice but 55k and 4 previous owners on a T plate ! gut feel told me to walk away. Thanks for all you comments.

Final thing, Tip or Man ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13360

How do you mean they made you feel suspicious

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13361

Just because they were so nice ! Not used to it !

Most expensive cars dealers tend to be fairly stuck up. These guys wern't, even offered me a Hob Nob !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13368

I think it's because people from Reading are very cool :wink:

BTW I would go for manual.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13370

Manual Coupe, Sports Exhaust.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13376

Tips for Girls, Manuals for Men.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13409

Then why are you asking me to find you a manual? :D

come on MSN I found you something

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13413

Why did I ever give my MSN address to him. My life is now a living hell :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13417

CT993 I agree about the MSN comment, even before I am logged on now, there is a message from some character with ever changing names.

I have thought about blocking him, but you never know what it might do for his future development.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13422

GT3RS+tipp ex=tears so watch it

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13423

That's fighting talk !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13432

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spilly67
Back