Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Resprays

Will Statt

Montreal
Front end of my 993 (Ocean Blue) is getting a bit chipped, and touch up paint has made it look a bit scruffy. Thinking of therefore having the front end resprayed. Would welcome some recommendations for very good spray shops (that hopefully don't charge OPC prices) I'm in Leicestershire, so midlands would be preferable, but I'd travel if the 'best' place proved to be further afield.

Many thanks

Will

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13175

You can try Rob Ollivetti in Leics. (R.E.O. Motors 0116 271 9059). They're pretty good and not too expensive. I've had my 993 front end resprayed done by a Insurance repair shop in Coventry and by dealer before, the dealer is better but not perfect. If I was to pay for it myself I'd take it to Ollivette's. I often see them doing Ferraris and Porsches, so they can't be that bad. I had an Audi bonnett done by them once and they did a really good job.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13241

Let us all know what you do and how the results turn out - nose repair are common

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13258

This might seem a little bit of a way to go, but I had both front and rear bumpers resprayed on a 993 by Shorade in Cannock (their and offical Porsche repair centre) for about £1100. It's about 40mins down the A50 from Leicester. The job they did was fantastic, the car looked brand new (it really did) and lasted well over the years. If you bother to drop in once a year the work's guarenteed as well.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13535

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back