Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

trickle chargers

Will Statt

Montreal
I've got a trickle charger that keeps the battery charged on my bike, when it doesn't get much use in the winter. It just plugs in the cig lighter/accessory socket.

Can you get the same thing for cars?

I'm only using the 993 once every 2 weeks or so at the moment, and it's often too flat to start... the alarm i expect? jump leads always do the trick in a second, but it's a bit of a pain.

Will

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12939

Hi Will there are a lot of battery conditioners on the market, these monitor the battery charge and give it a boost as required. They are normally mains driven, just rember to un attache it before you leave the garage. :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12967

I bought a charger from Halfords for £30, it either recharges or just 'maintains' your battery depending on what's needed - it clips onto the battery terminals which is a bit of a pain, rather than just plugging it into the cig lighter, but works a treat - no more laboured whirring when you turn the key, just instant roaring gratification!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12969

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back