Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Indicator side repeaters ?

SIMBER

Hi, back once again with another bit of a problem.

while fitting my new indicator / high beam switch I noticed that the plug comming from the hazard warning switch had come out.

I wasn't sure if I had pulled it out while sorting the other wires out or if it has been out for some time.

I pushed it back and when I finnished fitting the new switch and also checked the indicators, front and rear (and hazards) work but the side repeaters don't

again, I don't know if the have only just stopped working.

do any of you know what colour the wires are for the side repeaters?

lastly, would the non working side repeaters be pulled at the M.O.T. ?

my 911 is a 1979 SC and is LHD

Thanks for your time.

Simber.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11887

Non repeaters..

I have a vague notion that a 79 SC did not leave the factory with side repeaters. So first stop is to see if they are wired in and check for life at the bulb, or work further back the wire. If they have been wired in you might find the (non factory)joint has failed. Start at the repeater and work backwards.

Adrian Crawford 911secrets.com performance2and4.co.uk

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11890

good thinking batman, they are not wired in and don't appear to have ever been, no sign of any wires for them.

will have to see what Mr. MOT man thinks of that, as becouse they are fitted they should be working, Hmm

or maybe I,ll attatch some wires to them myself before I take it.

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11915

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back