Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fitting Indicator switch

SIMBER

Hi, me again.

right then, I,ve now got a new indicator / flasher switch for my 1979 LHD 911 SC

gawd dam, how many wires are under the dash!

any tips on fitting?

I know basicly just take my time, swap wire for wire etc, anything else to note?

cheers,

Simber.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11854

This is easy-peasy . Take off the steering wheel, (remembering to have the wheels dead straight) unscrew the horn wire, (take notes on where the screws go and what wire goes where it's easy to forget) The plastic surrounds by the stalks unscrew from the sides.
Follow the leads from the old switch into the under dash harness, cut the cable tidies if any ( buy some more to keep things neat ) and just plug in the new harness where you took the old one out from. Tidy up and screw it back together. You will find unused wires under there don't worry that is normal.
Good luck just take your time.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11857

Spot on description, I have mine to tackle shortly. I would just add to disconnect your battery before starting.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11863

good point I'm crap at remembering that one . Consequently I have no hair left!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11864

W-HEY! job done, but what a pain in the arse- well, pain in my back and neck anyway.

High beam now works.

Thanks guys

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11886

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back