Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help with Speedo!

Waz2

It took me a week to realise that my speedo isn't working properly. I just thought everyone was going much slower than me!

Its reading about 20mph slower than i'm going at about 70mph which reduces to about 10mph at lower speeds.

Has anyone else had this problem, if so, what do i need to fix? Is it going to be the speed sensor or the speedo unit? Are there any ways of checking other than replacing each item in turn?

For the time being tip-ex marks should hopefully prevent the M42 speed cameras getting me!

Waz

(1980 911SC)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11802

Mine also reads about 10mph less at low speeds - I'd never given it a thought for motorway speeds... cripes, drove home quite nicely at a "reported" 120 the other night...! Either way I could have been banned I guess!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11804

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back