Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back home with a C4S and mini!

Porsche Events

Old forum user Unidentified(4266) wrote:

Finally now settled back in the UK and got Email etc fixed up. Haven't posted for over 3 months but have had a great time taking delivery of my C4S and a Cooper S for the wife. Few minor hassles with the 4S (damaged rear wheel on delivery and a few squeeks and rattles - but all sorted), no problems with the mini. Done 3K miles in the 4S and now it really is awesome. Had heard about excerssive oil usage on the forum during running in but mine has hardly used any so far - no tops up necessary yet. It is really a brilliant car and the mini is great fun too. Happy days.

Got a fair bit of catching up to do on forum posts!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10752

Congrats! Got any pics?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10755

Nice car...but also nice house!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11599

Robut Rarecar

Good choice, earlier this year I owned these:-

But they have both been replaced since, with a GT3 and an Audi. The Mini was good fun, but the brakes were shocking....

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/DSC00001_small.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11607

Old forum user Unidentified(4266) wrote:

Sean

What great taste you have! - Past and Present.

Actually this might sound crazy but I was initially more impressed with the brakes on the Mini than with the C4S brakes. Let me explain... I had very low expectations of the Mini's brakes but on everyday road use they work pretty well. The wife thinks they are great (but is not impressed at all with the Porsche). With the C4S I expected eyeball popping stuff having repeatedly read that they are the dogs whatsits in all the motoring mags. Well I haven't been on a track nor really abused them yet but on normal running around they don't sem to have much initial bite. This isn't really a problem and once you press hard on the middle pedal they do respond. It's just that in road use I have found myself losing half a second or so as I realize a very firm push is needed to make them work. It can be a bit disturbing as the rear of the car in front looms larger in the windscreen faster than you expect.
I would be interested to hear other 996/C4S/Turbo owners feedback. I tried another 4S and it was pretty similar. What about the GT3? My guess is that they are even more track oriented so may not work so well on the street. I have heard PCCB have similar problems with road use.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11608

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robut Rarecar on 05 December 2003

Sean

What great taste you have! - Past and Present.

Actually this might sound crazy but I was initially more impressed with the brakes on the Mini than with the C4S brakes. Let me explain... I had very low expectations of the Mini's brakes but on everyday road use they work pretty well. The wife thinks they are great (but is not impressed at all with the Porsche). With the C4S I expected eyeball popping stuff having repeatedly read that they are the dogs whatsits in all the motoring mags. Well I haven't been on a track nor really abused them yet but on normal running around they don't sem to have much initial bite. This isn't really a problem and once you press hard on the middle pedal they do respond. It's just that in road use I have found myself losing half a second or so as I realize a very firm push is needed to make them work. It can be a bit disturbing as the rear of the car in front looms larger in the windscreen faster than you expect.
I would be interested to hear other 996/C4S/Turbo owners feedback. I tried another 4S and it was pretty similar. What about the GT3? My guess is that they are even more track oriented so may not work so well on the street. I have heard PCCB have similar problems with road use.
I totally agree. The brakes on my People carrier seem to bite that much quicker than my new 996.

We also have a Cooper due to be delivered 3rd Jan so I'll be able to compare.

I'm also off on holiday tonight until the 2nd Jan so happy Christmas chaps and all the best.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11610

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back