Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where do we stand on the Cayenne?

Manek

Too true - Cayenne is an effort to meet a new trend, particularly in the USA where POsrche sales have been taking a hit over the past few years. Regrettably, it also looks pretty poor as well. And despite what many are saying, it's selling OK but certainly not up to expectations, so the public appear to be concerned as well.

As for Butzi's comment it made me laugh. Sorry, but given current RR and current Cayenne, both are built well, both will have problems, and if sales are anything to go by (ie - first 6 months of Cayenne vs first 6 months of RR), the RR winds hands down. It's got excellent build quality, certainly comparable with the Cayenne. As for standing up to everything, we had a load of them on the Land Rover G4 Challenge I was on, and we took it to many places the Cayenne would look at, cry at and sulk in the corner (Australian Outback, South Africa, Utah, Up-state NY...).

I know it's all down to opinion and I understand that, but have to say RR seems to do well in most mags, and I know it's as capable off-road as it is on it, which is more than can be said for Cayenne, X5, Merc etc.

In answer to the original question, I am in the field of 'shame they made it'. I understand why they made it, I just wish they hadn't diluted the brand (how's that for marketing speak!).

Andy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9722

I have absolutely no experience off-road what so ever, so all I know about the cars' off road capabillities are from mags and TV shows. But I do know from a fair amount of close encounters that RR are not well built, not reliable and certainly not good on-road. As for sale figures, Ford sold a lot of Fiestas, but that doesn't make it a superior car.

I have not heard of or seen any Cayenne off-road in any comparison/tests. It would be interesting to see just how does Cayenne perform next to the RR.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9733

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back