Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bits 'n bobs

On the subject of clutches then... when I do actually need to get the job done... what is the advantage of the RS item... and flywheel? Doesn't the RS flywheel give a harsher drive? Now I'm no slouch in me mota... what does that 'upgrade' offer a real worthwhile benefit? And what's the cost?

More info please!

Thanks

Will

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9842

Will. The RS flywheel is lighter and single mass (I believe) so allows the engine to rev a bit more freely and should improve throttle response. Some people have add issues with stalling however although remapping the chip can solve this. A nice upgrade I reckon but there is a bit of a risk with the stalling

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9844

stalling problems have only been encountered by girls! or james ball :wink:

the RS flywheel is lighter, engine revs better and the clutch is also lighter and is not dual mass

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9847

But what's the cost? Standard clutch swap is about 700-800 isn't it, and standard flywheel about 500 (both plus vat)

What's cost of RS bits.... is it worth while upgrade when it's due?

Interested in views either way

Will

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9848

I'm not mechanically minded but that clunk on the nearside was something that I noticed on my car too for quite some time - then I noticed an oil leak which, it transpires, has arisen from a shot shock absorber seal. Car is in the garage being fixed right now so I don't know if the two are related. Could the clunk come from a worn shock absorber?

BTW, having sung the praises of my 993 coz nothing went wrong for 6 years it has now started taking me to the cleaners - £650 for new front discs and pads all round, £650 for replacing two shocks and a £350 job in the wings as I have to have the door stay rewelded to the A pillar - all in the space of 3 weeks!

kin ell

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9859

Yeh it hurts when it all happens together. If the clunk just happend now and again it could well be a shock, but if it's a regular clunking paticularly when turning then it's most likely a drive shaft problem. The boots come off the joint and lose their grease . Easily fixed. If I were you I would be tempted to source my own parts especially items like shocks , then get a fixed price for fitting. Always get a second or third opiinion when people tell you expensive work needs doing.
You should let Porsche have a look at that weld issue , if you complain enough you might get it fixed out of goodwill. I've never heard of that before.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9864

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back