Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Satnav installation

As promised -- here's the Alpine INA-N333R satnav HU (at tilt level 1: it can be vertical or tilt at a max of about 60 degrees with two settings in between. This setting is best for avoiding relections during daylight). Below are two shots of the CD changer -- you can judge for yourself how successful this is...

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Alpine%20INA-N333R_small.jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/CHA-S634_1_small.jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/CHA-S634_2_small.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9130

Like the headunit, not sure about the CD Changer fitting!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9133

Quite so - think it's going to have to go under the floor...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9135

I guess for some, this is a stupid Sat Nav question, but I'm going to ask anyway - I'm using an Ipaq with Copilot software which incorporate UK maps, everything fine so far. However, I'm now looking to use the software for some business trips that I need to make to Benelux. Where do I get the maps? Will any map software work with the copilot software? If I get the Tomtom maps, do I need the tomtom software etc???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9141

Sorry I can't help with that one James but it might be helpful to give an update on the installation.

1. I mentioned that the faceplate illumination didn't dim. This was because Rivervale had omitted to connect up the right cable - I took it back and they did it while I waited.

2. It rattles noisily when the faceplate is tilted away from the vertical. Edworthy's (where I bought it) say that, according to Alpine, I need to send the entire unit back to them for forwarding to Alpine and rectification of the problem. My issue is this: if I do that, will they pay for it to be re-installed if necessary? I asked and I'm still awaiting a reply...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9819

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back