Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stereo upgrades for 993's

Sutchy - did not sell in the end. could not quite meet in the middle. so still up for grabs.

johnny - that head unit is the one that i have got. it is very smart and i wish i could keep it. have sold the changer separately to a guy who didnt have an mp3 head unit.

give us a shout if anyone is interested in the head unit.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7859

APP

My 993 has Boston Accoustics with splits in the front (Rally series) which are fantastic and can use the existing grills although I put the Bostons on as they are cleaner and look the same. Put some titanium Kenwood's in the rear as few sizes fit there, but they help the boost, then have the fronts driven by an amp (Alpine) which is mounted to the underside of the spare wheel cover (which means the compressor lives behind the rear seat), and the autochanger is bolted to the front of the car (so lifts up with the spare wheel cover. A great system - only thing I would change but as I already had the kit from my previous car would be for a 4 way rather than 2 way amp. Can recommend the Boston's as a top bit of kit.

In all honesty, if you are spending money you should do it all at once to get the benefit, plus reducing installation charges. If you;re wiring in a new stereo, go for amp as well so its all together. Speakers can just be dropped in later...

Andy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7871

Jamie,

Auto Audio recently removed the phonekit from my old 964 when I sold it, I would be very interested in the ipod thingy as I have an old 5mb pod. How did they do it and what was the cost?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7886

Poon,

No idea what the iPod plumbing cost I'm afraid, you'd need to speak to Greg at Auto Audio. As I understand it the job is not possible with all head units, you need one that has a line-in socket in the back. The set up was quite clever, they managed to get a power supply and the line-lead fed through to the driver's door bin where they had built a little platform to keep the iPod in place and accessible. It all looked very neat and meant there were no wires dangling about anywhere.

Vic,

Used the Alpine crossovers I think. Bizzarely although my car had the grilles in place for separate tweeter units there weren't actually any speakers behind them !!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7894

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back