Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964: Is DMF a problem if it's a Tip?

ghostb4

As the question states. Is an auto Tiptronic 964 susceptible to the Freudenberg DMF issue?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7801

Completely different transmission to the manual isn't it? I don't know, but I wouldn't think so.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7804

so if a tiptronic 964 doesn't use the Fruedenberg DMF, then in actual fact it's perhaps more reliable then?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7811

It would seem so. One advantage of tiptronic :D
. But wait for someone who knows for certain to speak up.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7817

Noony is right. DMF is not an issue with Tiptronics. From what I gather they are bullet-proof. If you have no plans to track the car, a Tip can be a great option. Opinions are pretty polarised about them though, concerning the "driver involvement" thing.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7821

could someone explain what a 'DMF' is for me please?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7829

Its a part of the 964 manual gearbox which was prone to failing...perhaps the flywheel? I'm not sure...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7832

DMF = dual mass flywheel. for the earlier 964 case, it's a Freudenberg piece. later 964s are equipped with LUK versions.
Correct me if I'm wrong. I read somewhere (during my sleepless nights of researches), that LUK flywheels cannot be retrofitted on C4s. Only for C2s. Is that true?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7833

No idea! I would recommend you go on rennlist and ask Adrian Streather, he's a world renowned expert on 964s. I believe there were other problems with the early 964s, so get a late model if possible.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7834

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back