Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What to buy?

C4 will have higher long term maintenance costs due to the 4wd running gear, front and rear diffs etc. Higher fuel consumption, 4 wheel increased tyre wear. And on top of that less fun on track days!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7799

...yet are a more sensible daily driver. It does rain a lot here I'm afraid. The poor guy has asked for practicality, I don't think he'll be wanting bare bones RS's!

BTW I think 996 C2 and C4 servicing costs are the same...or almost. The C4 infact is not 4WD but AWD. There is a slight difference. Power is given to the front wheels as needed, there are times when a C4 is almost a C2. Better traction and grip etc as you need it, quite good eh? A bit understeery though. Sport suspension will sort that!

Although I'm sure Bones or someone can tell me I'm completely wrong!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7803

Servicing is similar, maintenance is higher.

Again its down to personal preference, the C2 has the purer 911 feel but the C4 is more practical.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7808

LOL.........I'm not saying a thing!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7810

So, K Shepherd, have you decided yet? Lots of advice here!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7812

Probably going to try for a facelift 996 with as low mileage as possible. The Porsche dealership in Swindon has 2 in at the moment. £49,999 & £51,499. The one at £49k is the 'bare bones' version. Nothing extra added at all!!! The other has a couple of features such as PSM & park assistance. Both seem overpriced, but there might be room to negotiate. I'm hoping that people will be upgrading during Sept, so there maybe more coming onto the market. I don't mind waiting to find the right car as hubby says I have to keep this for a few years!!!!! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7819

:eek:
Sorry I assumed you were male(unless you're dutch? :wink: ). A female friend for O! £49k seems cheap compared to most other facelifts? Be sure to get some decent wheels though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7820

Would like to have PSM and the parking sensors (no jokes about women drivers please!!) The £51K car has these & is AWD, but is just over budget. Going to arrange a test drive and see how flexible they are for cash.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7822

The £51k C4 would've been about £62k new, so not bad really! FYI all C4's come with PSM as standard. What colours are they? (I bet lapis blue or arctic silver :wink: )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7823

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by admin on 01 September 2003

Chap from Cyprus has just faxed me over some prices for new 996's, UK spec (MY 04), if anyone's interested mail me:

(Prices in Euros, pre tax)

Carrera Coupe 64,100Targa 70,800Carrera Cab 72,700Carrera 4 Coupe 69,100Carrera 4 S 76,500Carrera 4 Cab 77,700

Turbo 108,800

GT2 150,900

Don't forget you have to pay 17.5% VAT on these so probably no cheaper getting car there.
His

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7827

Oh er...more expensive then!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7830

Basalt Black metalllic. I'm wondering if stone chips will show up more on this colour? Getting too fussy now :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7837

Unfortunately they will. You'll just have to get it touched up every so often,

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7840

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back