Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CT993's C2s

CT993

Spa-Francorchamps
Sold the car last week to a really nice bloke and have just picked up it's replacement which is an X5 (wife's pregnant.....doh). Did take a test drive of the Cayenne but on the road it's handling is not a match for the X5 unfortunately.

I really need to sort the rest of the cars out as I'm left with a Radical (track days only), an old 2.7 (in LOTS of bits at the moment, thinking about getting Autofarm to tun it into one of their 2.7 RS replicas), a Caterham (not really practical in the cold and wet) and a Smart !

She who must be obeyed has suggested selling all of them apart from the Smart and spending the money on a big holiday. My suggestion is to sell them all and buy a GT3. Should be an interesting weekend while we "debate" the issue !!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7617

Old news to me Chris :wink:
. That would be a mighty big holiday. I agree with the GT3 idea. Tell her there would be more room in the garage for, er, whatever she wants and it would keep you happy at the same time...And sell the smart for a slightly smaller holiday :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7620

So now that you have sold the little beauty how did you rate her on the track and on the road?

(Get the GT3)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7641

Was fun to use on the track although by no means a good track car. Was quite underpowered on the straights but corners were great, being a C2, and you could really get the end out.

As a road car, being used on the track, it beat most other road cars. In fact the only other standard road cars that used to come past me were GT2's and 3's, Elsies' (but only in the corners) and Scoobys but up against a proper track car it was way off the pace (as you'de expect).

On the road it was sublime but like all the other 911's I've had it used to bring out the worst in other drivers. Every rep on the motorway in a knackered old Vectra was on a mission from God to overtake me and people would close up at junctions and not let me out.

Will I be buying another 911.......definatly.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7650

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back