Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 C2S brakes

JohnLowe

Hi All,

The 993 C2S write-up in GT Purely Porsche Sept 2002 states that the C2S has ordinary Carrera brakes and not turbo as fitted to the C4S - is this correct and if so, does that mean lower servicing costs?

JohnL

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7119

Yes thats right the C2S's have standard brakes...as for servicing costs I would think that new discs/pads for the C2S would be cheaper than for the C4S, but as to how much of a difference I wouldnt like to guess.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7127

There really is no difference in braking capability in normal driving between the "normal" Carrera brakes and those fitted to the C4S or Turbo. Even on a trackday I've outbraked a 993 Turbo into the bends. To find the limit your have to be a real nutter :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7129

I'll second that ... on the 'Can you handle it day' when I had an instructor on board telling me when to brake the stopping power was awesome... I wasn't quite so confident when I was on my own :oops:
though I now have a great deal of respect for the 'standard' brakes.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7137

Absolutely, me too. As a relative newbie to the 993 C2, at the 'can you handle it?' day, I was deeply impressed that te brakes could handle high speed stops lap after lap with only a slight softening which quickly disappeared after a short cooling down period.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7168

Thanks all, just what I wanted to hear. :lol:

JohnL

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7170

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back