Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What happens when you sell your Porsche..

Jamie Summers

Sao Paulo
I was talking to a mate earlier this morning and he recounted the following tale of woe......

He used to own a very serious 993 Twin Turbo (with the factory 430bhp power kit), but for some reason decided he wanted to sell it to buy a Honda NSX, undeniably fine motor that it is, it ain't no 993 TT as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway he duly sold the Porker to Autofarm for a pretty decent price and then took delivery of a brand spankers NSX four days before his wedding. He and his new wife duly went off on honeymoon entrusting his best man with the duty of returning the aforementioned NSX home.

The happy couple returned from honeymoon to discover that the best man had had a pretty major wipeout going round a wet roundabout a little too quickly whilst coming back from the wedding, doing the small matter of £20,000 worth of damage to the car !

The executive decision was made between the best man and groom's brother absolutely not to tell him until he returned from honeymoon, for fear of getting his marriage off to a rather bad start ! So anyway the poor bent Honda will be spending the next month being put straight.

Moral of the story ? ....... well make up your own !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6381

Never buy a Honda unless its got two wheels. Or mows the lawn.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6382

Wrong guys!

Never entrust a high performance vehicle to someone unless you know they can drive one. In any case the temptation to open up such a car is usually too hard to resist. He can always try suing Honda saying that the rear wheels didn't stick well enough :D

his

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6400

Ooouch!

Not a nice story, but I agree with the moral of the story!!

Then again, I've got a four wheel Honda now as well! :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6415

James,

Did the Honda come with the flat cap, tweed jacket and pipe as standard or was it a cost option ? Does it have a colostomy bag holder too ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6419

Colostomy bad holder was included, the others are cost options! :)
Must admit, the tweed Jacket is rather fetching, all the rage in Milan I hear.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6422

And the 993 TT can be bought for £56,500 from Autofarm!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6493

Just out of interest how much do the boys at Autofarm make with the transaction?

His

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6500

When I was talking to my mate before he sold the 993TT he was saying that Autofarm would give him £45K for it - not sure if that is what he got in the end though. Anyway looks like about a 25% mark-up ! Looks pretty pricey at £56K, but it is a pretty special car !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6576

I would understand getting £50K if they were selling it for £56K but for £45K I think they took him for a ride! They appear to be quite reputable but I have to question that kind of markup. I'm glad I went to Germany to buy my car :)
. There are lots of owners who have kept their car in tip-top condition and why should dealers like them benefit so much!?

His

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6630

OK, OK - very good. I am that guy, it is my NSX (what is left of it) and it is also my 993tt.

Just to clear Autofarm's reputation (tho' I do not work for them) it was SoR, they did not guarantee me £45k but something considerably higher than that, and the reason that it was on for £56k was that it included their very good guarantee etc. Throughout their service has been exceptional - always going the extra mile.

Either way it has not sold over the summer and so I have taken it back (got to have something to drive if the NSX is at the hospital). It is in fabulous condition (arguably better than when I bought it Approved Used in April 02) and it has the full range of goodies (PSS9 Bilstein 10 way adjustable suspension kit - from track to RSR to standard Carrera with the twist of a beautifully engineered knurled wheel) tracker etc etc.

I am looking in the mid-high £40k's so if anyone is interested then drop me an email and I'll send over full details.

And for all those flat-cap comments let me just say that the ricer is a seriously fun car - maybe not as quick (let's face it not many are as quick as 430bnp and 410lb ft of torque) - but a hoot to drive.

Oh, and if anyone would like to fill a vacancy as a friend of mine who I have known for 20 years then please do apply - I seem to have lost my best one since the wedding :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6825

Hello! Some may say the mods lower the possible market for the car, as most will not understand the suspension can be put back to standard etc. Do you want to keep the honda now? If not then you could trade both in and get a 996 TT. However, an offer from an OPC on the 993 may be mildly offensive! We're not anti rice, an NSX isn't a ricer. I'm all for ricing, it's funny to see 18 year olds in their saxos with strange rear lights, wings, intakes(which lead nowhere) and a huge exhaust wearing their caps sideways and big jewellery round their necks!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6831

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back