Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 RHD conversion

rob carr

I am considering buying a 993 in Europe. Is steering conversion possible/expensive? Can you recommend a company?

Regards

Rob - currently without a 993

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5899

Short answer is don't bother ! It is possible but will cost you almost as much as the car is worth and will destroy the residuals and make it almost unsaleable. LHD is no problem at all as 911's offer decent all round vision - I have a lhd 3.2 Carrera and now would be unlikely to ever buy a rhd as there is still a useful discount on lhd cars. Do a search on LHD cars on this forum - it is a topic that comes up regularly and there are plenty of lhd owners who post here, and all will tell you the same thing - leave the car as it is !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5901

Hi Rob.

Welcome to the forum.

I'd second what Jamie has already said. It is possible but expensive and not worth while. Financially you would be better off buying RHD to start with or buy a LHD and drive it as it is. If you hunt about you can find RHD 993's for less than £30k.

However, based on the recent performance of Jamie's 3.2 versus a plethora of 993's at a track day some of us did on the weekend, I would just go for a Carrera 3.2 :wink:

Cheers, James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5902

911 Virgins have a rather nice L reg 993 LHD on their books at the moment: black with red interior. Check the website,

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5910

I just had a look at that 993 on 911 Virgins website. What an interior!!! Do you think you could like with that on a daily basis?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5913

Oh er! That interior is a tad ..........RED! :roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5914

I think it's kinda cool actually ! (would have been quite an expensive special order option - I think it's called 'can can red')

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5933

I live with green everyday!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5945

yes very red. cool but i think id get a bit sick of it afta a while. :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5947

thanx for making me a gold member Phil/James! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5948

Hi Rob

I've only ever had LHD 911's (something to do with car desires above my financial capabilities :? ).

I had a brief exploration with my previous 964 about conversion and advice from everywhere was leave well alone. Jamies comment says it all. There are plenty of threads on here about LHD and you'll see from all that own them, driving over here, visibility etc etc just are'nt a problem

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5977

I just can't bring myself to go for a LHD option. I know it may sound daft but it always makes be think that owners are just biding time to afford a RHD.

Better option relocating to France............

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8475

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back